Wednesday 5 February 2014

Life as we know it...




The slow life is not so slow, but it's a very different kind of fast, and I'm happy. 
It's been nearly a year since I last posted, a year of missed opportunity to write down our experiences to look back on, to compare then and now. How then to catch up without overwhelming you or future me? I wanted to create a video with all of my photos, but iMovie and I are not speaking the same language right now, here is the condensed version.

We turned this
Into this...
By way of this
The boxes we moved with were laid over the area, old bricks were used to make some of the beds, and dirt was piled in arch shapes and covered in mulch, and gravel laid everywhere in between. We were able to reuse some pallets to make the fence.

We've had some fun and exhausting times...
No one sleeping is safe from me mwahahahah!

And we have had lots of help and family cooperation...

So that we could have these...


Who laid these

And hatched these...


Thanks to a friend I shall call the chicken sage, and her husband, for the eggs that Bacon hatched, 14yo spawn named her. 

The chicken sage invited us for a swim in the dam,


And today she helped me make Jam. 



It was delicious, the chicken sage used her blood plums, her Jam was sweet and tangy.

I used the beautiful Damson plums, that 17yo spawn picked...

...until dusk with her daddy...
In our own back paddock.

It has been a wonderful first year, and I can cross a few things off my wish list.

Be happy,

Bek.

No comments:

Post a Comment