Monday 24 October 2016

Life Begins at 40

So here I am, 40 years old, and still very much me. I have become a grandmother, though we are calling me Meemaw instead, to my first Grandchild Kaylee, a beautiful, happy, and healthy little girl. She has her whole life ahead of her, so many possibilities, so much potential, I hope to be as amazing as my own grandparents, and be a positive contributor to the woman she will become. 
      We also have new life happening on our forever farm, our third year of raising chicks has started far earlier, with the addition of these two adorable chicks our Zelda has hatched.  
  The rain and wind have been crazy out here, and when the soil is really wet, a good wind is sometimes all it takes to do this. My poor beloved kombi, Annie, was so close to being back on the road, this hurt, but we are grateful to have some wonderful friends. Sonia and Ron came around and were just amazing, with Ron on the chainsaw and Sonia helping drag the offcuts, the tree is off the cars now, and they are definitely going to need some work.  
 
 
The saddest part of this post is painful to write, just six days after my birthday, we had to say goodbye to our beautiful bear, my beasty, Murphy.
The spawn look sad because they know this is Murphys last walk. 
 
 
 
Today he would have been 10 years old, but making it to almost 10 is an amazing feat for a Newfoundland, and he was amazing, and I miss him more than I can bear most days. 
Our last photo together.
 
 
I keep expecting him to be at the door when I come home, at the kitchen step when I'm cooking, at my feet when I am home during the day etc. He has been my almost constant companion, and champion doorway/walkway blocker for almost ten years, his absence leaves a huge hole in our home and my life. I am so blessed that he chose me, and when I can type without my tears blocking my vision, I will tell you more of his tale. For now, happy birthday my bear, I carry you in my heart wherever I go, and your fur, it's still everywhere, in my books, on my clothes, in my food, on my bed, in the car... I know i will still be finding little pieces of you 20 years from now, and wouldn't have it any other way. I hope there is chocolate, and belly rubs, and all of your favourite things wherever you are boofa. We miss you fluffbutt.    So now a new chapter begins at 40, the sad, learning to live without my bear, and the joy, a new role as a Grandmother. Oh, and my birthday present?   
Everyone in the family chipped in to give me this gears of war Xbox one s, it was the best surprise birthday present ever!    'Til next time, Bek.     

No comments:

Post a Comment