Sunday 29 January 2012

It's all about the little things



My partner got around to stringing up the wire trellis for our cucumbers today, the first cucumber flower bloomed last week and it was ridiculously exciting to see! I immediately sent a bragging text to my partner, Justin, with the above image. They are growing in a narrow strip of dirt between some concrete and my fence, and were a little overdue for something to climb, thank you Justin. Today those first buds were noticeable on the pumpkin vines, the tomatoes, and the melon of some sort has so many blooms that I'm hoping not even half will become fruit. I can always share with my neighbors, an apology for my dogs super sonic bark? I kid you not, Murphy is the James Earl Jones of dogs and his bark is as loud as thunder, rattles the windows.

There is something unexpectedly satisfying for me watching my food grow, even in watching my youngest eat our first strawberry of the year, (the strawberry I had dibs on,) having her declare how delicious it was. I've got my eye on the next one.

I have downloaded Be Write HD for my iPad, my laptop has too many bad sectors to function like it should, after a lot of fiddling around, and a couple of test shots, Justin has got the app working (I hope). If you are reading this it worked and Yay!

And finally, I leave you with this shot of Murphy, cooling down on a hot day after a good hosing, just because he's gorgeous. 



Bek. 

No comments:

Post a Comment