Sunday 19 February 2012

The adventurous black lab, and other stuff...

It has mostly been an interesting week here, and today I find myself childless. The two younger spawn are with Justin for a bit of child labour, there is some work to do on one of his building sites, the spawn are quite happy for some exercise and pocket money, and I'm happy to have a break from the peace keeping, maybe I should look to work for the United Nations? My middle spawn is off to the zoo with her boyfriend and his family, now there is just my mumma and I relaxing on a Sunday afternoon, and she's getting ready to go to the movies.

My partner and I don't generally celebrate valentines day, there was one year I woke to find a poetically heart melting card and a rock with a red ribbon tied around it, thinking what a deeply symbolic present a rock makes, only to tell him so later and have him laugh at me. When I took off the ribbon, as he finally told me to do, it fell in two, the inside revealed a shiny crystal encrusted hollow, and a pair of stunning amethyst earrings, I am so spoiled sometimes. This year I was sure we weren't acknowledging V-day, but my Justin surprised me with a beautifully inspiring message. He is far too good to me sometimes, I am so in love with my dark poet. 

My spawn have kept me on my toes, peace keeping, playing taxi, late night teenage angst, and general mummy stuff. This week was just an extra busy one for this mumma, and then yesterday my sisters dog went for a long unsupervised walk. I dropped garden tools, grabbed the spawn, and went scouring the suburb in which she lived for her deaf, almost blind, arthritic and living with advanced cancer and dementia, 13yo Black Lab. It turns out he still has a bit of go in him, and when we'd all but given up hope, she rang the lost dogs home and someone fitting Gerome's description had just been brought in. A quick scan of his microchip confirmed it, and we're hoping that the lovely couple who found and brought him in, have some amazingly good karma coming their way! They have renewed my faith in humanity, stopping on a busy highway to grab him, and going out of their way to drop him off where he could be found. 

This is the very pleased with himself pooch after his big adventure, courtesy of my sister.
Somehow, I've managed to find some time for the garden too, but I'll blog about that later, this girl is going to blare some Rob Zombie and do some catch-up housework, and maybe squeeze some Xbox time in there.

Bek.


1 comment:

  1. Nice color of your lab. I guess it would really match if you also have a black Newfoundland. They're both behaved dogs and will definitely get along well.

    Cheers,
    Nancy, Newfoundland training expert

    ReplyDelete