Sunday 19 February 2012

A Grand night out, Becky and Justin style!

Am re-posting this, I accidentally deleted it with my iPad whilst editing my newest post... originally posted Monday the 13th of February. 

Last week was largely spent feeling unwell, the plus side, I had a great excuse to read, and promptly devoured 5 novels in 3 days. My partner surprised me with tickets to see Voltaire (NYC), and as miserable as I felt, I dragged on my Corset, smudged on my blackest eyeliner, (well, second blackest, as my favourite one was missing. *casts eyes in oldest daughters direction*) and braved the Melbourne nightlife. It had been an excruciatingly long time since Justin and I were just us, and I am glad we did it.

First we were treated to Rouge Fonce, a band that seems to bring a mixture of dark carnivalesque blues and jazz, sultry humour, Burlesque, and songs of sexy murder to a sexy rockish tune, definitely a band I will see again. While listening we were treated to burlesque dancer KerryX, who after a slow seductive striptease, took off her furry conical brazier and surprised us with plasma balls. Yes, plasma balls. They were very strategically placed and I must say, I don't think one has lived until you've touched the electric balls of a burlesque dancers breasts, watching the lightning dance under your finger tips, I am putting it on my bucket list. After the titillating grind of rouge Fonce, we were blessed with another tease, this time with a steampunk theme. I'm not sure of which I was more envious, the outfit, the practiced sway of her hips, or most of all, the confident ease with which she seduced us. 


Finally, there was nothing left to delay the man we've come to see, (were this a feast instead of a gig I'd be full to bursting at this point, wondering where I was going to fit dessert!) Voltaire, the man who puts the fun in goth, and so much more than a musician. Creator of Deady the evil teddy, various stop motion animation, Chi-Chian, etc... There is no end to this mans evil creative genius, you may think you've never heard of him, but if your kids have seen The Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy, or play adventure quest, then he's already invaded your home. 

I sang and laughed, and though I usually don't, consumed three very alcoholic cocktails while forgetting I hadn't really eaten, and felt the best I'd felt in a little while. It ended far too soon, for an encore performance, we all sang the universally known Science fiction/double feature, to which I have now picked up a few extra lines not included in the song, which are far too crass to be repeated here *Cheeky wink*. 

All in all a great time,
Bek. 

No comments:

Post a Comment