Wednesday 12 December 2012

More late night ramblings...

Taken at Wilsons prom last month, I really wish I was back there right now. 

I didn't tell you, instead of our November Sydney trip, little miss perky and I went to Wilsons Prom. It was my first time there, and our 5 day trip wasn't long enough, I loved it. I will have to share that with you sometime soon. 

  Today's date is 12.12.12, and that means, Alexisonfire at festival hall in Melbourne. My mum paid for little miss perky and I to go, and it has been on the schedule for months. Unfortunately, the cleaning, packing, stress and heat have put me out of commission, and it's devasting because this is their final tour. The band has broken up. Sometimes I really wish my body was a constant. It's hard to keep plans when your health is a time bomb. The good news is my ticket has been snapped up by 15yo spawn, and I am happy to have her buy me a T-shirt and tell me how awesome it was. Who knows, maybe they'll do a reunion tour one day, but from now on, I will reluctantly resign myself to designated seating instead of the mosh pit. 

Instead of the concert, I am trying to find the strength to keep packing and tidying, we have more people coming to check out the house tomorrow, its a frightful state, and I am exhausted. I was so tired last night, I fell asleep waiting for the chicken stock to cool and it stayed out all night, needless to say I was not taking any chances and it was thrown out, what a waste. The plumber will be here at 7.30am to fix the bathroom taps, so I have to get everyone up an hour earlier to shower, and I think I'll be tidying til after midnight. I am really looking forward to a simpler time, but I can't even begin to imagine when that could be possible. 

All my hopes are currently pinned on the country house, 2 whole acres making five paddocks, and a wood burning stove. I can't stop my thoughts from turning to horses, chickens, ducks, veggies, and bread in the wood stove. Maybe even some jam making, preserving, and a market stall with my homegrown wares... And the writing, finding some alone time to finish my novels. I am sure I have plotted the next 50years, and none of it seems slow, simple, or particularly realistic. But it is nice to dream. 

Maybe I'll go to bed now and get up two hours earlier tomorrow, sweet dreams,
Bek.




No comments:

Post a Comment